Monday, January 08, 2007

Do We Make Good Copy?

That's an interesting question and if you pressed me for an immediate reply I could and would say only the truth: yes, yes I, we do. Is this opening in line with par for the course or of course for the line? :/ A few of you may recall that Sir Lex or Daddy Luthor was in chambers preparing the State of Luthor, the State of SFH, or the State of Mine(d). Last night, the Moment Hit Me and I initiated a draft: so to it appears some of that which inspired last nights influence has pooled a reserve for tonight: a small reserve.

This morning I had releases and story to submit to the press. This is nothing new and it really deserves no mention save the fact that I came across in 2 days now people that are either attempting to be brilliant as I, or have learned a new word titled plagiarism or lastly joined Josie and the "Copy Cats". While initially it appears as somewhat flattering, that is a feeling I do not nor need not require. A few of you who try to keep up with me know for fact that we do spend a great deal of time and energy into SFH. 8+ months now. With all the energy that has been expended, it becomes daunting to think and see others move up and find their way closer to me.

One of my sponsors found an article on Yahoo news wire discussing a new company(website) that uses the 50 States and you buy a part of the city and write a bio about yourself and some other game like attributes. It was at that point I moved on. Today though, while I am submitting press to one of my favorite news outlets, I found another pixel advertising site. Normally I would not really care about this either, but I did.

In the past few weeks I have mentioned a website called "Pixelotto": I immediately forecast that site to become a failure and it is not performing as envisioned by Alex Tew, the creator. The press release I saw today is from Dheer Gupta who is trying to copy Pixelotto: with a little exercise it appears he stretched his imagination and came up with "Pixelllite", what a pathetic site! With so much energy spent on copying ideas, one would think that some great ideas could be created, but stretching the mind can be taxing. With that said, there is only one thing left: Get On The Map! ShopFromHomepage!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger AtriaBooks said...

What exactly is taking so long for people to get themselves on the map? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Lex Luthor said...

If I had the answer Doc, your revenues would have taken a hit! Perhaps, somewhere I failed to mention that $100.00 only pays for 365 days of opportunity instead of the standard 1 day: I hope I didn't lose anyone there.

Many good ideas take time to catch on: having a great concept requires a lot of work, a bit of luck and some great friends!

With that said, it seems now I just need an intro to Rupert Murdoch and that should get the word out!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Tisha! said...

Yes give it time, poor imitators will fall by the wayside and you will prove just how valuable your service is!

Courage Lex!

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I particularly enjoy the concept of feedback.

Well, I heard two words which make me want to know what was that bad, the words - 'Poor Imitator' and 'Pathetic'.

What exactly is pathetic. Was it the design. Or the fact that most of the money is to be given away.

Or was it something else?

I started the website to raise funds for developing my ideas into reality.

Along with giving people a fairer opportunity two win. Have no regrets if the idea is pathetic or doen not take off. What matters is that I had something in mind and I tried it out.

As far as feedback is concerned, I need an opportunity for self improvement.

And hope you will be able to oblige.

Cheers!!!

Dheer Gupta

9:46 AM  
Blogger Lex Luthor said...

Feedback/comments: D G, you want feed back on this forum? I gave you some in my post and if you wanted more, if I were you and I am glad I am me, I would have requested an e-mail: but you are not me, and I'm glad. And here's Lex:: pathetic defined: differences between the 2 sites. 1 is red, 1 is purple. 1 offers a mil, 1 offers 900k for lotto. Looks like the same program is used, was the red one a clone of the purple? I am bored.

Read my posts: I don't like Pixelotto, I never have liked any of these unimaginative lotto sites that are all about making money for the promoter. I am all for making money, but why not make money through providing real tangible benefits.? Are there no original ideas left? Or if you want to do the same thing, make it better and make sure it is needed. There is already 1 Lotto site, anymore will be 1 TEW many!!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

GET ON THE MAP!